Always go for a visually clean and chic look if you are interviewing in a conservative industry like accounting, education, finance, law or consulting. I suggest you wear:
• A pencil skirt suit in dark navy, charcoal grey or black.
• A classic 2- or 3-button jacket.
• A white or soft blue collared shirt.
• Simple black pumps.
• A black tote handbag.
• Simple jewelry.
Style Tip: Opt for geometric and structured shapes if you want to project a confident and strong image.
When you are interviewing for a job in a creative field such as advertising, graphic design, music or fashion you can usually dress a little more creatively for the interview. Don’t be afraid to show off your creative inner essence, but keep your look chic and classy at all times. I suggest you wear:
• Tailored separates.
• Less conservative jacket styles.
• You can go with a bright-colored handbag, but only if your outfit is not bright as well. The key is be subtle, not tacky!